Sunday, August 14, 2011

Faith, Purpose, and Focus

Faith, purpose, and focus are key ingredients to living the life I want. This is what I got in the past two weeks. Two Sundays ago, the gospel reading was about Peter walking on water to go to Jesus a few feet away. While he was focused on his desire to reach Jesus, he was able to do anything including walk on water. He was unstoppable. When he realized what was happening and self-doubt entered the picture, that's when he began to sink.

Since declaring myself to be a stand for personal growth and self-discovery, I have been writing more often, getting my blog more active, and been shown a website I can join to reach more people. I find I finally have the ability to be focused and determined about what I want to achieve out of my life. I find I am capable of being unstoppable. It is when I doubt myself--am I good enough, who do I think I am to want to do this--it is when thoughts like these enter my mind that I lose the power and the strength to go after what I want.

Last night though, I finally got the word unstoppable during the last night of Landmark Forum. I finally got that to be unstoppable is to have a single purpose to focus on and put my heart and soul into achieving this. Just keep my eyes on the purpose (like a horse with blinders) and not look left, right or back (do not lose faith, do not doubt). With these in place, I can finally reach my destination.

What about you? Are there areas in your life where you want to be unstoppable?

No comments:

Post a Comment