Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Keep the Big Picture Alive

After the highs of the past few days and the conviction of what I want to do with my life--work in the area of self-empowerment and the development of close family ties--I am now plagued by insecurity and self-doubt. Am I ready for such a big responsibility?

I now realize that as a human being, this happens to us every so often. And this would always happen to me in the past. But instead of bringing back my focus on what I wanted to do, I would remain in the space of self-doubt. I finally understand that the key is to understand what is happening (self-doubt), acknowledge its presence, but choose to keep my eyes on what I want--which is to have a community of empowered beings living together in peace and harmony.

Instead of giving in to the self-doubt which I would normally do, I realize that it is in going back to focus on what I want that my goal and ambitions in life will be realized. But how do I go back to focusing on what I want?
Step 1. realize what is happening
Step 2. acknowledge what is happening but do one small thing related to the goal (in my case, writing this blog)
Step 3. Create a vision board or post a reminder of what I want where I can see it always
Step 4. Believe, believe, believe! in my ability to achieve my goals

What about you? Do you have a goal which is buried deep in your heart? Bring it back to the sunlight and believe that it is possible. Take small steps to make it a reality.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! I recently heard that the source of doubt is a missing stand. Somehow it makes sense. Stand for something and doubt disappears.

    ReplyDelete