Wednesday, February 8, 2012

To Maggie, my ever dearest cousin


Dear Maggie,

We just finished putting your ashes in its final resting place today. As you may have seen, there was an outpouring of love from your family and friends for you and for your family.

The reality of your passing is just hitting me now. Although we went our separate ways as adults and rarely saw each other, I continue to cherish the times we did see each other.

I will never forget the cheerful face that greeted us in room 1654 the Sunday we brought Fr. Bert to say mass for you. I'm glad I went with mom and Fr. Bert as this was my last time to see you. Your cheerfulness and lightness of being through the pains you must have been experiencing has shown me another way of carrying whatever challenges may be thrown my way.

That was always your way--cheerful, smiling, happy, defender of others. As memories of growing up together comes flashing back, they are always images of you laughing with some serious moments in between and of course juicy chismis times to spice up our young life. I need not say that eating in the kitchen was often a part of those times.

You took me under your wing and I was always grateful for that. I find myself constantly looking back these days and laughing at the memories. It is constantly reminding me to enjoy life and laughter. Rest easy my dear cousin. Enjoy your stay with our merciful and loving Father. We now have our personal guardian angel to watch over us and intercede for us.

I love you. Say hello to lolo, lola, onie, Tito Vic, Chat and Tito. I am sure that they are all eager to see you and welcome you into their embrace.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Marla... I'm sure Maggie is now happy to have joined her Creator who welcomed her with loving smile of approval and says, “Well done, good and faithful servant... Enter into the joy of your Lord” (Mt.25:21) You were an inspiration to me... I will continue to fight our battle, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete