Friday, January 25, 2013

Shine Light, Shine!

I have sat in front of this computer a million times the past months intending to write a post but coming up empty handed--not because I have nothing to write about but because of this fear of going back to old unproductive habits. In the end, by not doing any writing, I have found myself mired in the old habit of allowing life to go by.

I have been so scared of showing up in the world and so pre-occupied with not being noticed that in the end nothing happens and I only have myself to blame for that.

I declare 2013 to be the year I get out of this habit. From this day on, I intend to write an entry daily about life's experiences and reflections on them. In Marianne Williamson's immortal words, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world..." (excerpt from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of a Course in Miracles. Published by Harper Collins, 1992)

2013, having been declared as the year of faith by the Catholic Church, it is a great time to start cultivating faith in God, in myself, and what I have to offer others.

No comments:

Post a Comment