Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Taking a Stand

As I sat along the wall of Manila Bay to catch the sunset this afternoon, I marveled at how good it felt to take a stand. I was there along with a few other thousands to protest further reclamation of Manila Bay. Our protest was simple: just a group of people who happened to be at the Bay during sunset.

Aside from losing our sunset, can you imagine the higher floods we will experience because the water will have no place to go?

Taking a stand is something new to me. It is only recently that I am finally learning to stand up for what I believe is right. Taking a stand is only possible though if you believe in yourself and what you stand for otherwise you will be carried by the crowd around you and you will just go with the flow. This highlights once more the importance of genuinely loving and believing in oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment