Thursday, February 28, 2013

Uncluttering our Belief Systems

I came across a book entitled Momfulness by Denise Roy while I was resting this afternoon. My shelf is filled with half-read books that interest me at the moment. Most of it pertaining to personal growth and now, yoga. I am still looking for my momentum to actually go into the practice after having taken a teacher training course called KidzYoga. Today was one of those days I chose to practice it and came across this book.

An entry I read was on uncluttering our surroundings and our lives to make room for new energies, new experiences and in the process finding ourselves and our relationships.

Uncluttering our minds from old belief systems we have collected through the years is also important for us to uncover our true selves. The true selves we are born to be who is present in our hearts if only we can hear her/him through the many voices running around our heads. Some of mine are "hurry, hurry, hurry" - this robs me of the joy of my son who loves to play and take his time and talks a mile a minute. Instead of enjoying his actions and antics, I find myself becoming crabby and impatient, losing the joy of the moment in the process. Another belief system is "Don't be messy!!!" I have many of these and they have been running my life and robbing me of the ability to enjoy life.

The book gives great advise on clearing the clutter: Ask yourself, does this belief bring me joy? Do I love it? if not, then, discard it in your imaginary trash bin. Feel how much lighter we will be in our lives and how much more joy we will find in it.

As we unclutter our belief systems and our mind brings us more silence, we will come closer to being the person we were meant to be.

What beliefs do you have running around in your head that you believe do not serve you anymore? 

No comments:

Post a Comment