Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Belief systems and how they can control our life

Power and energy are two words that have negative meanings to me. At some point in my childhood I received that power and energy are bad. Because of this I carried in my belief system that power in any form was bad.

Since power is very much related to energy, my energy levels have been very low. I lived with lethargy, laziness, procrastination, and stuckness. I also disliked being in noisy places filled with energy and power. I preferred quiet to a room full of energetic, boisterous people. I was not aware that all my actions were interrelated to this belief system.

Last Sunday, I was invited to attend a workshop called Fully Charged given by RCW Foundation. The day was filled with high energy exercises and we were given tools we could use to fully charge our life batteries at any given time and with any given state. Coming from my duties as market vendor at the Sidcor Sunday Market, I arrived in a sleepy state and with very low energy. Soon after some exercises, my sleepiness and lethargy left, keeping me awake the entire day. As my energy dwindled, clapping or doing some of the exercises enabled me to activate the positive energy thereby keeping me awake and in the zone the whole time.

It was only the day after that I realized that I could not be with power and energy and therefore I could not have power and energy. This realization has given me the power to now choose a life of power and energy over a life of stuckness and procrastination.

Once in a while it is important to revisit our belief systems to check if they are good for our health and our life or if they are damaging to it. If it is the latter, then we can choose to either keep it or discard it. At least becoming aware of them gives us control over our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment