Saturday, July 23, 2011

In search of a computer

We are back online! A few days ago all our computers at home crashed--the PC and two laptops. I had looked forward to putting in some writing time while Javo was at school. Because I so dearly wanted to write, I became obsessed about not having one handy while I had the time. I completely forgot about those days when we had nothing but pen and paper for our use. When I finally remembered them, I looked for them and happily settled down getting my thoughts on paper.

Based on my experiences, this is what sometimes happens to us in life. We sometimes get obsessed about what we want to happen or how things should be that we get stuck and become blind to the other possibilities around us. We are sometimes unable to see the beauty right in front of us because of our anger, frustration, irritation or other negative emotions.

I know that as it became clearer that no computer was available that day, I became more agitated because I wanted to write and put my thoughts down.

As I remembered my pen and paper, sat down and began writing, I settled down and peace was in place again. All was right once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment