Friday, July 1, 2011

Wriggling out of my Cocoon



I am a magazine editor. My work has me constantly meeting new people and discovering interesting places. I am sometimes called to speak in front of an audience, appear on TV, and sometimes radio. I do this as part of my work. I am shy.

I do these things with my heart beating a mile a minute. I feel my stomach clench in anxiety the minute I am in a room full of strangers (even classmates I have known since high school). I stand in front of an audience and I feel my heart beating so strong it feels like its in my forehead.

I prefer to live inside myself but there is something or someone that has been longing to be seen and heard. She has been knocking and making herself felt more often the past years but more strongly the past months.

Being shy has been with me since I was a child. Although it protected me from life and the "dangers" in it, it is now time to fly and see where life's adventures lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment