Sunday, July 3, 2011

My emerging introvert


I'm an introvert! I can finally say it and shout it out. Although I have known this for a long time (through those MBTI tests and other personality tests), I have been denying it for an even longer time.

How could I be an introvert when I had to be the life of the party? When I had to wear heels, when I had to use makeup, when I had to be "posturosa," when I had to enjoy attending parties, when I had to be able to speak up. How could I be an introvert when I had to be all these. All these which I am not.

Who I am is a listener, a sturdy person who has a few select friends, someone who is more comfortable in a small group setting than in a room full of people, someone who would rather be in the sidelines organizing details.

Who I really am is the opposite of who I should be. And so this tug-of-war existed inside me for the better part of my life.

This tug-of-war has ended. I choose to follow my heart and be the person I was born to be with all my strengths and weaknesses. Where this will lead me I do not know but I know it will lead me forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment